Sunday, January 14, 2007

What's Heaven

When I was younger I was very confused on this subject. What will heaven be like, or look like. I thought for a small amount of time that it would be like in the movie Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure. All of our cloths would be white and cream colored, and the floor and walls were kind of glass and as you entered you walked up these big steps to the gates. Later my Aunt Rosie informed me that it was wrong, I would go to hell if I believed it and Jesus would cry. She said heaven would be where we lay ed at the feet of the Lord Almighty and listen to the choir of angles sing his praises for all eternity. Other angles would play golden harps and Jesus would like in a giant house with many rooms. Only special people could live there with him. Hearing this I became very upset. No talking, no color, no fun just listening and praising, what ever that meant.

After feeling very cheated, and frightened by dear Aunt Rosie I asked my dad if this could possibly be right, or if different churches have different heavens, and if so can I never go back to here's. After a long pause he asked if I remembered our trip to Disney. Of course I did and asked if heave was there and I didn't know it. Then he explained to me that heaven was much like that. Beautiful and nice, but there we would not meet a princess or a mouse, but Jesus and some other important people. The big castle is where Jesus would stay, but we could all stay with him there. And even though I thought it rather impossible he told me that there would be enough rooms for everyone who went to heaven. Being young, about 5 or 6, I asked about the rides and he said, "I'm sure if God wants them, they will be there."

I know that this might not be completely correct, but it's right in the ball park. Too many times we find ourselves telling people that they should long to go to heave and want to go to heave. But why. Most Christians make it out to be some boring place. All i know is what the bible says about heaven. Streets paved with gold and huge house for everyone to live in. And a city in it all. At the Journey today we talked about this topic. Now I'm sure it wont be exactly like Disney World in heaven, but isn't it a little close? I'm not trying to say Disney is like heaven on earth, but the concepts are similar. To the mind of a child it makes perfect sense. I don't know what awaits there in heaven. But I know that it has to be better then the world that we live in now. I am confident in making the bold statement that in the new Earth God will create for us that we wont need to worry about global warming and rapes and poverty. I look forward to that. And i don't think that I need to worry about sitting listening to choirs being bored out of my mind and having no colors. If God didn't like colors why did he make them. That's my opinion about it.

3 comments:

Mike Edwards said...

If God didn't like colors why did he make them.

--I love it. Great thought.

KayMac said...

I have heard you sing...if there is a choir...I am sure you will be in it and the music will be great!

Kalyn Marie said...

Awwwe! Thanks Kathy. That made me smile really big!! You are an amazing person!!